By the time Chori Chori was released the Raj Kapoor and Nargis couple was over. But that didn't affect the music, the Shankar Jaikishan team did very well. They basically defined the sound of the golden age of the Bollywood, the 50's. From Barsaat in 1949 to Jish Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai in 1960. The musical duo even won Chori Chori a filmfare award for best soundtrack.
The most popular Chori Chori songs are the romantic "Aaja Sanam" and "Jahan Main Jaati Ghar" (which is represented on the back of the Lp). They are both charming.
"Man Bhavan Ke Ghar" is for people who like the Mangheskar sisters duet in Azad, but this one in Chori Chori is even better. It was one of my favorites when I first got into Bollywood.
Weirdly enough I would always skip "Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi" because I didin't like the into. Then one day I let it play a little bit longer and it's now one of my favourites.
"Rasik Balma" is a beautifully sung song by Lata. I love the sitar, which is a rare instrument on the album.
"Us Paar Sajan" is good, it's sounds like some Indian folk.
A good cheerful first song,"Panchhi Banoon Udit Phiroon" makes me think a little bit of Madhumati.
Sorry if all I'm saying is how good the songs are, well that's really what I think and "Sawa Lakh Ki Lottery" is great. I love the duets on the Lp.
The last song, "Thillana" rocks. It's classical, but folk. It sticks out a lot from the rest of the album. I like what's different. I can't describe it, well you just have to hear it for yourselfs. Let me know what you think of it!
1. Lata Mangeshkar & Chorus: Panchhi Banoon Udit Phiroon
2. Lata Mangeshkar & Manna Dey: Aaja Sanam
3. Mohd. Rafi: All Line Clear
4. Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi: Sawa Lakh Ki Lottery
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Rasik Balma
6. Manna Dey & Lata Mangeshkar: Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi
7. Lata Mangeshkar & Chorus: Us Paar Sajan
8. Lata Mangeshkar & Manna Dey: Jahan Main Jaati Ghar
9. Lata Mangeshkar & Asha Bhosle: Man Bhavan Ke Ghar
10. M. L. Vasanthakumari: Thillana
Get the music now: Shankar Jaikishan Chori Chori
Lyrics: Shailendra and Hasrat Jaipuri
Stella_1's score: 4/5