Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Welcome


Before I "officially" start, I will give you a closer look at my collection. I prefer Bollywood music from the golden 50’s and the crazy 70’s. I have a few from the 60’s and 80’s, but the blog will not be in chronological order. You might find that I have a soft side for classical based soundtracks, but that is because I study Odissi (bollywood version), an Indian classical dance (the real thing). Also, in addition to the albums, I have 7 inches and tape cassettes that I will be sharing, that are even from all the way up to the 90’s. I will also be adding additional pictures, information on the composers, as well as, information of the films, actors, singers and directors. So please enjoy and thanks for reading.

For anyone that does not know what bollywood is , and you would like to learn here are a few sites that can help:

Bollywood for the Skepticals

Bollywhat?

Bollywood

Also, for absolute beginners or for people who just want to discover different sides to Bollywood I suggest these albums by Nascente



This is vol.1 of a three cd pack that makes you discover on each disc, the Vintage, the Funky and Modern sides of Bollywood




If you want to got further, because the first one was so popular, now you can listen to Bollywood Disco, Rock'n'roll and even the Kitsch sides of Hindi cinema.



If you need additional information please e-mail me at redhead344@hotmail.com

3 comments:

PC said...

Awesome, glad to have some company :-)
PC x

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Great idea! I look forward to reading more.

Gaurav M said...

So, Finally I reached to first post. Thanks for the Cheerful Welcome :-D