Two songs I was glad to see "made the cut" were "Bol Ro Kath Putli" from Kath Putli and "Chali Radherani" from Parineeta because they are rarest of the bunch to find on vinyl.
My favourite songs are all the ones on Side 2, in addition to Talat Mahmood's male version of "Ai Mere Dil" from the classic Daag. I like the song from Mother India but I prefer other tunes from the film. In all, it's a good record.
Something I found weird was the Aan song. It's not the same in the video as on this record.
Aa Ha Ha...
Aaj Mere Man Me Sakhi Basuri Bajaye Koi*
Aaj Mere Man Me*
Aaj Mere Man Me Sakhi Basuri Bajaye Koi
Pyar Bare Geet Sakhi Baar Baar Gaye Koi
Basuri Bajaye Sakhi Gaye .....
* missing from this record (not film version, either cut or variation)
Here is the video version:
Hey, if you could make film favourites from the 50's, which songs would you absolutely have to put on the record? Tell me some or all of them? I will try and figure out my top picks as well (its hard for me there are so many). Anyway, can't wait to hear from you, and I hope you enjoy!
1. S. N. Tripathi - Janam Janam Ke Fere: Zara Samne To Aa O: Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi
2. Shankar Jaikishan - Daag: Ai Mere Dil: Talat Mahmood
3. S. D. Burman - Pyaasa: Jane Woh Kaise Log: Hemant Kumar
4. Naushad- Mother India: O! Mere Lal Aaja: Lata Mangeshkar
5. C. Ramchandra - Nastik: Kitna Badal Gaya: Pradeep
6. Arun Kumar Mukherjee - Parineeta: Chali Radherani: Manna Dey
7. O. P. Nayyar - Naya Daur: Reshmi Salwar Kurta: Asha Bhosle & Shamshad Begum
8. Naushad - Aan: Aaj Mere Man Men: Lata Mangheskar & Chorus
9. O. P. Nayyar - Phagun: Ek Pardesi Mera Dil Le: Asha Bhosle & Mohd. Rafi
10. Shankar Jaikishan - Kath Putli: Bol Ro Kath Putli: Lata Mangeshkar
11. O. P. Nayyar - C. I. D.: Leke Pahla Pahla Pyar: Shamshad Begum & Mohd. Rafi
12. Shankar Jaikishan - Ujala: Ya Allah Ya Allah: Lata Mangeshkar & Manna Dey
Stella_1's score: 3.5/5
Get the music now: Compilation Film Favorites from the Fifties